Minnesota State Capitol Tour Recap
On October 12 AFE members and vendor members gathered for a remarkable tour of the completely restored Minnesota State Capitol Building. 35 attendees were taken on a guided tour by members of the Minnesota Historical Society and Plant Management Staff with project narration. A detailed presentation wase given by HGA Architects, JE Dunn General Contractor, and the Capitol Complex Project manager. Folks gained tremendous insight on the unique challenges encountered with restoration of a 112 year old building. A huge thank you goes out to Fred King with INSPEC and the Minnesota Chief Engineers Guild for arranging this wonderful facility event.
Interesting Project Facts
- Restoration project took 40 months (August 2013 – December 2016) and cost $310 million
- $9 million of construction completed per month / $450,000 per day
- Over 100 subcontractors and suppliers from all over the country and world
- Scaffolding used to refurbish the rotunda weighed 250,000 pounds; was 120 feet high, 60 feet in diameter
- 15 new air handling units and 750,000 pounds of new ductwork installed during the project
- 7.3 miles of conduit and 208 miles of branch wiring for lighting and outlets; 5,463 new light fixtures installed
- 763 existing historic light fixtures removed, tagged, refurbished, and reinstalled
- 30,000 marble pieces marked and cataloged and an estimated 20,000 marble repairs completed
- 800 tons of white Georgia marble used, quarried from the same county in Georgia as in 1905
2017 Online Vendor Member Directory
We are very excited to announce that AFE Twin Cities Chapter 13 is transitioning to a web based Vendor Member Directory. The new directory replaces our 100 page paper based directory, which had been published for about 60 years. It was a good tool for listing Twin Cities Chapter 13 Vendor Members and Chapter 13 organizational information. However it was difficult to take with you and time consuming to look up Facility Suppliers. The new Vendor Member Directory will provide an excellent resource to quickly find Facility Suppliers that support AFE Twin Cities Chapter 13. Vendor Member listings will include a complete list of capabilities, contact information, photos, videos, and social media links. Additionally, Vendor Members can track browse and click information to better understand visitor effectiveness. The new site also manages payment and renewals automatically which reduces administrative labor and expense.
Please look for an email from AFE Twin Cities Chapter 13 that invites you to list your organization. The email will contain a link that directs you to the new site where you can verify/update organization contact and capability information. If you have any questions or want more information, please contact Joe Ryan at 651-247-9288 or email@example.com